Lulu Blue and I have been talking for a long time about buying a place of our own. This was something I have always wanted to do, but at the same time, the idea of living in one place for the rest of my life is kind of a terrifying one. On top of that, we happen to live in one of the most expensive places in the country, and being a single income family, buying a home of our own has always seemed pretty much impossible.
But more recently, I have started to think about this more seriously, and to start taking steps towards making this dream a reality. This means that we have had to adjust a bit. For instance, there is no way that we will be able to buy a single family home, the hefty price tag puts us out of the running for that. But we may be able to spring for a small condo. Sometimes you just go with the flow, right?
So, with that in mind, I wanted to put together a little Frankenstein of a dream home, with rooms I found all over the place, all combined to make the home we want!
Enjoy my daydreaming!
- I have a soft spot for a welcoming little entryway. Somewhere to take off your shoes, hang your hat, drop your keys, and let yourself feel the peace of coming home.
- An uncluttered yet homey living room is the best place to hang out and read, listen to music, or watch some TV. And plants, of course. Lots of plants.
- Realistically speaking, I won’t have a huge chef’s kitchen in a small condo, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be adorable. This kitchen reminds me of the one we had in our previous place, I even had a similar rug that I bought in Denmark and lugged all the way back to California.
- This dining room. Exactly.
- I love a serene, neutral bedroom. With lots of natural light and a bed big enough to spread out on.
- Lulu Blue’s addition. Her dream bedroom.
- We would be lucky if we have two bathrooms like in our old place, but I don’t mind sharing if I get a tub like that.
It will likely be a little while before we get this becomes a reality for us, but it’s my two year plan. I don’t have much time. Lulu Blue will be 18 in two years (a year and a half, I guess. seriously!) and I would like to accomplish this before that happens. If nothing else, working towards something is always worth it, in my opinion.